Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thank You Readers

It's been a great (and long) season, but now that it's over, it's time to take a bit of a break. I probably won't do anything for the site for a couple weeks except cover PDC news when it comes, which should be very soon. Besides that, I want to have a little time off after spending nearly six months writing previews, reviews, listening to games and generally trying to be productive.

When I feel like updating more regularly again, it probably still won't be as frequent as during the season, but I still have a few plans. I think I'll write a 2010 review of every team and update the prospect tracker one last time early on this fall. I want to cover the winter leagues, especially the AFL since it's easier to find information on that. If I ever have time and just feel like writing, I'll start up the "Cal League Class of..." series again that I neglected the final 80% of the season. Hopefully that can sustain this site until the end of March 2011 when it's time to start thinking about the upcoming season.

Thanks to the readers who came here and found the site informative and interesting. There probably aren't many out there, but I know there are some, so thanks. In addition, thanks to Greg Young, Donny Baarns, Alex Freedman, Mike Lindskog for supplying me with info during the season and helping me be as informative and factual as possible. The rest of the league's PBP guys also do a good job, and I'm glad they make the games accessible to fans thousands of miles away and help make this site possible.

I don't want this to become similar to an awards speech, but thanks to the players and coaches for a great season and ultimately being the ones responsible for entertaining baseball. I'm sure some players and coaches will be back in this league for 2011, but a lot will be moving on.

I know there are parents, friends, family and even former coaches that use this blog for updates to keep tabs on their sons, friends, relatives and former players, and I hope I was helpful this season. Good luck to everyone in 2011, hopefully in AA and on their way to the majors.

So it's going to be a bit inactive here for a little bit, but there will be occasional updates in the offseason. I'll always be on Twitter, but I doubt I'll have much to say without games being played. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to ask on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment